Sunday, November 27, 2011

AFRICA!

I haven't written in what seems like forever. Mostly because I have been out of school and school is usually where I write. I can think! I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving! I sure did! We had lots of good food and some delicious desserts made by my wonderful Granny! Over my break I have been staying up late every night just thinking and looking at the beautiful children of Africa's faces. I have slowly fallen in love with this place. I remember when I was 8 and I said to my self, "I'm going to Africa." Ever since that day my heart has been slowly but surely falling deep in love. I can't even talk about Africa without crying a river anymore. I can't help that God has set my hair on fire for that wonderful place!

Each time I get on my laptop and look at the pictures of the children in Africa, my heart starts screaming out so loud that it is impossible to ignore! I AM IN LOVE. With a passion so deep for a country in need, I don't know how much longer I can hold back... I need to be there. I just wish each day that I was in school, I was with the children hugging each of them. Laughing with such joy of the simple things in life. I see my self one day there, but at this point I see my self there very very soon. I don't believe with any part of my soul God would give me such love for such a place with such great passion at this moment for no reason. Yes, knowing that is most likely not going to happen this summer, makes my love for this place grow deeper and deeper with the days. But such a place so full of beauty and words can't even describe.... I feel so close to this place I have never been to... How can this be?

God, the day I was born he knew what I was going to be. He set my heart in the hands of Africa. He gave me a heart of compassion, love, kindness, hope, labor... He gave me the heart of a missionary. No heart is the same in any way or sort but each  missionary has the same few gifts. They are made to serve. Made to give. Made to live in places unlivable. I am a Missionary. I will not stop when I grow weary, I have the strength of the Lord inside me. I will not stop when I am put down. I have such a great power overcoming in my soul that nothing will defeat me. I will not stop at the point of death. I will go farther than the grave. Sacrifice is what it takes to be a missionary. You give up everything and your risk your whole life going into places against the word of God.

We cannot be afraid if we are called. We must know that we have a great God with a great plan for our lives. He will give us the strength we need to overcome evil. We will have the victory!!!! HE LOVES YOU!

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit." Matthew 28:19<3 The Great Commision.

No comments:

Post a Comment